One of the hardest decisions for couples to make is which piece of music to choose for your first dance.
Here are some of the issues to consider.
Are you adventurous? Do you want to perform a fabulous dance routine that includes a switch in the music?
Are you confident enough to dance together throughout the entirety of your favourite song?
Are you more reserved? Would you like to start the dance together and then invite your guests to join you?
This is one of the decisions we will make during our preparatory discussions.
To give you some ideas about which music to use, here are 10 of the most popular ‘first dance’ songs:
- Penguin – Christina Perri
- As – Stevie Wonder
- As Time Goes By – Dooley Wilson (from Casablanca)
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri (from Twilight: Breaking Dawn)
- At Last – Etta James
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- By Your Side – Sade
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You – Frankie Valli or Lauryn Hill
- Come Rain or Come Shine – Ray Charles
For more ideas, just ask.